Tense Exercises intermediate level (Class 7 upwards)Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs given in brackets:- (Answers at the end of each exercise)
Exercise 1
1. There _______(be) an explosion near the castle.
2. There ________(be) an explosion near the castle yesterday.
3. I _________ never _______(visit) the US.
4. He ________(throw) the stone but it ________(miss)the dog.
5. When James called at 5.30, I told him that you _______(go) out.
6. He tried hard but he _______ not ______(succeed).
7. Man ____________(guide) by reason and beast by instinct.
8. Control your passions or they __________(control) you.
9. He trudged on though he _______(be) very tired.
10. My heart ________(leap) up whenever I see a rainbow in the sky.
Answers:-
1. There has been an explosion near the castle.
2. There was an explosion near the castle yesterday. (When we say when something happened, we use the simple past tense.)
3. I have never visited the US.
4. He threw the stone but it missed the dog.
5. When James called at 5.30, I told him that you had gone out.
6. He tried hard but he did not succeed.
7. Man is guided by reason and beast by instinct.
8. Control your passions or they will control you.
9. He trudged on though he was very tired.
10. My heart leaps up whenever I see a rainbow in the sky.
Comments
Post a Comment
This site is all about helping you kids study smart because for Gen Z, studying "hard" is not enough. If you feel there is any way I could improve my posts or if you have any random suggestion that might help make this more kid friendly, please don't hesitate to drop in a comment!
Be sure to check back for my response if you've asked me a question or requested a clarification through the comment section because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.